2.13 Released on December 3, 2010
Contributors looking for a mission:
- just do an egrep on "TODO" or "XXX" and see what's there
CURRENT RELEASE NOTES:
- Should we switch to EU::MM for determining the full path to perl? The problem is that some folks move their perl binary post-installation, but never adjust Config.pm. EU::MM is smart, by accepting a full path in $^X or by searching the user's $PATH for $^X, before resorting to Config.pm. However, if we change apreq2, we should also lobby test-dev to adopt the same solution for Apache::Test. Otherwise our test suite will likely fail, even though the rest of the perl build system will presumably still work.
+1: joes 0: -1:
- Drop ExtUtils::XSBuilder as the C API is fairly stable now. The header parsing + xs generation stuff may be too difficult for the community to maintain over ordinary .xs files.
- Get -libmodperl to work like it does in mod_perl land.
- Get static builds working again.
- Implement (some of) RFC 2184 in the multipart parser.
- Dump automake, preferably replacing that with more stuff from httpd/apr's build system.
- Move module/t to module/apache2/t.
- Figure out how and where the apreq_xs_ headers, and typemap file, should be installed.
- Write tests for the apache 1.3.x module.
- Fix the broken make dependencies, especially in the module and glue subdirs. The libtool workaround (for OSX IIRC) that copies module/.libs to module/t is especially bogus.
- Round out the unit tests in library/t. Ideally each API function should have its own tests, and each possible error status should be both tested & documented. Also upgrade these tests to use the Apache::Test framework.
- in glue/perl/t/apreq/cgi.t on Win32, printing to the error log hangs if the strings involved are about 10000 in size. This doesn't occur in the env/cgi tests - why?
- Why must fprintf(stderr, ...), rather than apr_file_printf(err, ...), be used on Win32 in cgi_log() of src/apreq_env.c?
- Get env/ (Apache::Test) tests to work for --with-apache2-src option. Also add a test to configure that prevents simultaneous use of --with-apache2-src and --with-apache2-apxs.
- symbol exports files:
- aix needs .exp files
- Install the html dox during "make install". Should we do this for the doxy manpages also?
- Rework glue/perl build system to use apreq2-config instead of relying on paths like "../../src".
- Should we bundle an apr-based "application/xml" parser? If so, how should we parse the xml data into an apr_table?
- Fix build automake/libtool/autoconf build system so it works properly on OSX & AIX.
- I [joes] wish folks would contribute some glue code for one of these: